Application of Wig
How to Apply Your New Full Lace Wig:
You can save a lot of money when buying lace wigs from us online. However, the wig itself is useless if you are uncertain of how to apply it. That is why we have created this step by step guide to safely and simply apply our lace wigs. If you are applying the wig for the first time, we advise you to obtain assistance, especially when gluing the back.
If you are located in the GTA, we will gladly apply your lace wig for you at a modest fee. We also provide audio and virtual assistance. Below are simplified steps to apply a full lace wig. If you are a customer of ours and did not receive our brochures with your order on how to apply a full or front lace wig, how to remove, wash and maintan a lace wig, then contact us to receive complete instructions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Steps to apply your lace wig:
Note: Double mirrors are a great way to apply a full lace wig.
- Thoroughly wash your own hair and head and ensure it dries completely.
- Try the wig to ensure it fits and to mark the end of your hairline, prior to moving on to the next step.
- Cut the lace cap very carefully using a pair of scissors. Make sure not to cut into the hairline but sometimes it may be required to ensure a comfortable fit.
- Cleanse the skin around your hairline where the wig will be attached. Use rubbing alcohol to do so.
- Try the wig on once more and mark the location where you want it to sit. This is where the adhesive will be applied.
- Apply the skin protector to prevent any irritation from the adhesive and allow it to dry.
- Begin applying the adhesive around the perimeter of the marked area. Wait till it dries clear and reapply once more. The number of coats applied depends on the strength of your adhesive.
- Once the final coat has dried it is time to apply the full lace! Spread your fingers on both hands inside the lace in order to get the entire wig close to your head before attaching it to the adhesive. While letting the wig close to your forehead, gently slide out one hand and use your thumb and index fingers to gently adjust the front of the wig exactly over the adhesive-line.
- Press the wig into the adhesive in your forehead and remove the other hand. Use thumb and index fingers on both hands to slightly fold the edge of the wig in order to pull it tight over your head while folding the edge step by step into the adhesive; from the forehead down.
- Don’t worry if you didn’t get the adhesive-line exactly right in the neck. It can be hard the first time, but you can always reapply adhesive in the correct place before attaching the back. Just remember to apply two to three coats and let the adhesive dry every time.
- Complete the application by brushing out the baby hairs from the wig for a natural look.
- Congratulations! You now have a beautiful, natural looking and long lasting head of hair.
When I purchased my first full lace wig from The Lace Wigs Store, I did not know anything about how to apply the hair ...
I’ve been using different products on my hair and due to that, I loss a significant amount of hair. A friend of mine told me to try using a wig and allow my hair...